New Patient Information

Doctor's Visit

Schedule Today

SWLA Center for Health Services accepts all patients regardless of their insurance or financial status. We are a federally qualified health care program which in turn allows us to offer a wide range of services to patients through the sliding-fee scale.

We offer the sliding-fee scale to all income eligible, uninsured or under-insured patients based on annual household income for most of our services. Acceptable verification for the sliding-fee scale are as listed below in the link provided. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at 337-439-9983 or Contact Us.

How do I get started?

As a Federally Qualified Health Center, SWLA Center for Health Services accepts all Medicare and Medicaid insurance plans, and most major insurances. For those who are uninsured, we offer a sliding fee scale. The sliding fee scales provides a variable cost on certain services to individuals that qualify.

How do I qualify?

If you wish to qualify for the Sliding Fee you MUST show proof of gross annual income for all immediate family members living in your household. Gross income is ALL income from ALL sources before taxes. 



2000 Opelousas Street

Lake Charles, LA 70601

Main: 337.439.9983

Fax: 337.439.3224









Success! Message received.


How do I obtain my medical records?

Patients will need to fill out a Release of Information form.

How much does it cost?

Nothing. It is free to SWLA patients.

How long does it take for me to receive my records?

Once the release of information is signed, it takes 24 to 48 hours to receive the records.

Can my records be faxed or mailed to me?

No records can be faxed or mailed. The patient must come back to pick them up.

How do I get my medical records sent to another provider?

To get medical records sent to another provider, the patient must fill out a release of
information form.

How do I get my child’s shot records?

To get your child’s shot records, telephone the SWLA call center and ask for a message to be given to the Health Information Center.